Friday, August 24, 2007

Treatment #1

So I made it through chemo treatment number one. 4.5 hours of love from the nurses at the Cancer Center. First a small bag of saline hooked up to my port. Then dexamethasone a steroid to counteract nausea, water retention, and possible bad reactions to the other chemo drugs. Next, Taxotere, followed by Carboplatin, then Herceptin. The treatment did not hurt a bit, but was extremely long. My next chemo treatment won't take as long.

So far so good, I have not been sick at all... however I am afraid this is the calm before the storm. Click on the picture below to see pix!
treatment 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maxi
Hang in there! We are friends of Scott and Jackie and we want you to know we are praying for you and your family. My mom is a 8yr. B/C survivor. Be good to yourself and get the rest you need.
Betsy & Chuck Wagers