Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Picture is Worth...


a thousand smiles.

This photo is an instant classic in our house. Let it be known that we have the best friends... ever... in the universe...bar none. This is the day after the aforementioned head shaving caper. I can't look at it without smiling and hoping that somehow I am as good a friend to them as they are to me.

I have known the guys in this photo for nearly my entire life.

Exhibit A. High School Graduation 1984
Exhibit B. Birth 1966

OK, I made up Exhibit B., but you get the idea. However, if I didn't make it up, let it be known that Beau would be the scrawny little guy on the left with no diaper and a bladder bag.... just sayin'.

Ask my Mom and Dad about any one of them and you'll get a story they probably never would want repeated. Of course, those that know us know this circle of friends is quite large and has been intact for a lengthy period of time. Suffice it to say that we are so very thankful for each and every one of you.

Oh, I guess I should explain the T's in the 1st pic.

Dictionary:
Man-Day [man-dey]
–noun, plural man-days.

A day that coincides with the 1st Ohio State football game of the season, which shall include, but not be limited to: 18 holes of golf, a little gambling, the OSU opener, maybe some friendly betting, the big sandwich , probably a few wagers, poker, and possibly a few risk/reward scenarios.

aka a day for great friends to stay in touch.

[Origin: 2001–02]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


Man Day


So, Thank You! to each and everyone of you who have helped to provide intermittent and necessary distractions from the suckage that is cancer.

BFF (<-- a failed attempt to be current),
Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"OK, I made up Exhibit B., but you get the idea. However, if I didn't make it up, let it be known that Beau would be the scrawny little guy on the left with no diaper and a bladder bag.... just sayin'."


Classic.....

your bro

Anonymous said...

Max,

You have so many people that love you and are here to support you. We have never met, but I feel that I know you. My son thinks the world of you and Scotty. You are quite a lady! Keep smiling and especially keep your positive attitude. You will be on every prayer list that I can get you on and in my prayers always.

Love,
Beau's Mom - Linda Crowe