Thursday, September 18, 2008

Easy Breezy


I was expecting recovery from my surgery to be WAY more difficult but it turned out to be a breeze. Once I was able to sit comfortably, things became easier. For the first 2 weeks I was not allowed to drive or load or unload the dishwasher. For the first 4 weeks I was not allowed to carry anything heavier than a gallon of milk, take out the trash, or do laundry. For the past 6 weeks I was not supposed to work, or walk my dogs "or overdo it".

I went back to work full time after 3 weeks. I couldn't stand it. I did however get released by my doctor first, and there were rules in place. No stretching bending, lifting...etc. I had lots of help at the beginning, and now I am officially back to normal at work.

This was taken yesterday-me back at work...check out all that hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all this! I hope things continue easy breezy. How about for the next 70 years or so?

L'shana tova!
Jon Steiger

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your recovery went so well after the hyster!!! I was one of your nurses... I have been keeping tabs as promised and been praying for you.